Family life is the building block of a successful society, and marriage is an occasion of great joy in the Muslim community. MCNJ facilitates the solemnization of an Islamic contract of marriage.
For those interested in having MCNJ perform their marriage ceremony:
- Apply for a marriage license (details are here):
- Make an appointment with the Religious Director, email him at [email protected], to have your pre-marital counselling session and during the session the date of the marriage ceremony can be set.
- Both potential bride and groom need to attend the pre-marital session along with whatever family members they deem appropriate.
- The performance of marriage ceremony will be performed on the scheduled day and time and the paperwork completed.
- Go back to the local registrar with the completed paperwork and receive your license within their specified time frame.
- Make an appointment in the calendar (and let it be for a couple of hours), so includes planning time and if a short ceremony is needed accommodate that as well.
Marriage License FAQ from County: http://www.co.middlesex.nj.us/countyclerk/marriagecer.asp