The crescent moon to commence the month of Ramadan was NOT sighted in Haramain (Makkah and Madina). Further to this, the moon is not sighted anywhere in the eastern corridor of the United States; therefore as per HCC policy, it has been decided unanimously that we will complete 30 days of Sha’baan, and accordingly, Ramadan will start from Thursday, March 23, 2023. In Sha Allah! Taraweeh Insha’Allah starts on Wednesday, March 22nd.
Ramadan Kareem to all of you!
Ramadan Prayer Times
Ramadan 1444 AH Timetable (click here to download)
Taraweeh Prayers (20 Rakats)
By Hafiz Shaheer, Hafiz Usman
- Short Hadith after Fajr
- Short Taraweeh Tafseer after Isha by Imaam Jawad
- Taraweeh led by Hafiz Shaheer and Hafiz Usman
- Daily Iftar
- Babysitting for first 8 rakaat for 5-8 year olds
- Itekaaf, Qiyam-ul-Layl, Suhoor for last 10 nights
- Saturday after Dhuhr, Lessons from Ramadan by Imaam Jawad
- Saturday and Sunday Halaqa from Fajr to Ishraq
- Saturday Ramadan Weekly Series from 11:30 – 1:00 PM, Dua can make the Impossible Possible – for kids aged 5-12 (collaboration with MCNA)
- Sunday Workshop from 10:30-11:30, Ramadan – Spiritual
- Awakening by Imam Jawad (at Iselin Middle School)
- Weekly prizes for kids aged 6-10 who fast for the first time
Iftar (Sponsorship is open)
Insha’Allah, MCNJ will have community Iftars all 7 days a week during Ramadan. MCNJ will arrange for these meals with community sponsorship.
Please get in touch with Br. Najeeb(732-754-4497) for sponsoring iftar or Donate online here.
Iftar Weekday Sponsorship: $1300
Iftar Weekend Sponsorship: $2600
Iftar Partial Sponsorship: $100 (or any amount)
- The parking at MCNJ will be reserved for older and women on a first come first basis.
- Musallees praying 8 rakat’s of Taraweeh, please park at lots other than MCNJ.
- Please see the attached parking map below
- Note: Please do not park in 7-Eleven parking and Funeral home parking
Zakah & Fitra
- Please remember to pay your Zakat-ul-Fitr (Fitranah) as early as possible. Fitranah is a minimum of $15 (per person), but you are encouraged to give more if you can afford it. If you would like MCNJ to serve as your Wakil in distributing your Fitranah, please pay it early, as we will distribute the food 5 days prior to the end of Ramadan.
Donate online here.
- Park only in approved spaces and be respectful of our neighbors.
We look forward to seeing all of you at the Masjid and getting to meet all of you personally. We ask Allah SWT that you and your families have a blessed Ramadan. Aameen